Please check to make sure everything is spelled correctly. Customized items can’t be returned, but are still covered by our product guarantee.
Made to order. Ships in 3 days.
Please Review Your Message:
You affirm that your uploaded content does not violate any intellectual property.
You agree to indemnify us from any claim.
- "Thank You Very Much": This Merci Beau Coup reusable Market Bag is released in partnership with designer Clare Vivier
- Choose Your Own Handle: This bag comes with two vegetable-tanned handles (one long & adjustable, one short) that will both age to a golden brown over time — the long-handle option can easily be swapped out as needed, so whether you want to carry the bag with your hands or throw it over your shoulder, you're covered
- Your Long-Lasting, Water-Resistant Bag: We believe you want a product of enduring quality, so this bag is made to last — it's strong enough to hold at over 100 lbs, and has a water-resistant interior that's easy to wipe clean
- Your Purchase Helps Break a Poverty Cycle: The female artisans who handcraft your eco-friendly bag receive Fair Trade wages, annual profit dividends, and a retirement fund; read Forbes.com's article on how this approach is changing people's lives, with 500,000 bag owners and counting
Manufacturing OriginSaidpur, Bangladesh
- Adjustable, Long, Vegetable-Tanned Leather Strap: Reinforced by antique nickel rivets — 0.75" width leather, 38" fully vertical strap, 19" drop, 1/8" thick leather (8oz weight)
- Short, Vegetable-Tanned Leather Strap: 0.75" width leather, 3.5" drop, 1/8" thick leather (8oz weight)
- Dimensions of Bag: 13" wide, 18" high, 8" deep, with a 6" x 7" inside pocket — compare the sizes of our different market bags here
- Natural Material: 100% natural golden jute fiber harvested in Bangladesh
- Water-Resistant Lining: 100% polyurethane
- Strong: Can hold at least 135 pounds
Spot clean, air dry
These bags are currently only available in natural colors with black print, but we hope to add more options soon. Also, please note that since these bags are custom-made to order, they are ineligible for returns (except for issues of quality or craftsmanship, which we'd be happy to remedy ASAP).
- Rep Your Hometown: Use the bag to give a shout-out to your neighborhood or a favorite travel destination, even when you're just on a quick grocery run
- What’s In the Bag?: Whether you’re carrying books and baby supplies or enjoying a leisurely stroll through your local farmer’s market, this is a fun way to let people know what’s inside; "This Bag Is Full of Donuts" is an all-time Apolis staff favorite
- Give a Personalized Gift: If you’re giving your bag as a gift, you can customize it to let the recipient know you were thinking of them — whether it's “Sarah’s Bag of Goodies” or “World’s Most Fashionable Grandma”
- Watch: How Your Bag Changes the Lives of 106 Mothers
- Watch: 10 Steps to Make A Market Bag
- Watch: How to Customize Your Bag & Get It Back Around the World in 60 Seconds
Job Creation Results: